Community Grants are grants of $500 - $5,000 available to organizations doing innovative & meaningful work in line with the Pottawattamie County Community Foundation's mission to improve the lives of all county residents.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any tax-exempt, nonprofit organization, governmental entity or church - using the funds for charitable purposes and proposing a project meetings PCCF's mission to improve the lives of all residents of Pottawattamie County - is eligible to apply.
When is the deadline?
2019 Community Grant applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 31st.
What are the criteria?
Projects are selected based on:
- their focus on a specific issue
- ability to meet a clear, identifiable need in Pottawattamie County
- the operational strength of the application organization, including project leadership
- their ranking when compared with other applications received during the funding cycle
PCCF's funding limitations include:
- clinical or medical research
- contributions to capital campaigns
- organizations that practice discrimination by race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender, age or national origin
- operating deficits or retirement of debt
- annual fund drives
- real estate acquisitions
- political projects of any kind
How are applications reviewed?
Grant applications are reviewed by staff and an independent panel of reviewers from across the county. Our Board of Directors makes all final funding decisions and awards are announced in late May.
How do you submit an application?
The Community Grant program is a highly competitive process due to the limited amount of funding each year. Successful applications respond to a demonstrated or emerging community need, support effective, proven or promising solutions, build upon and maximize other community resources and offer a clear plan for financial sustainability. The Foundation, except under unusual circumstances, does not make grants for deficit financing, fund drives, or fundraising activities. Less consideration may be given to applications from tax supported organizations. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.